Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Charm #001: Onigiri


Medium: Polymer Clay (Sculpey III brand)
Colors Used: White & Leaf Green
What's this? This isn't a bad art picture, you may be thinking.

Well, this is my first clay charm! I got interested in the idea of making my own charms because one of my former classmates makes them and from admiring people's creations by looking at pictures/videos online.
I had already promised some of my coworkers that I would make them jewelry featuring clay made charms so I wanted to test the waters with something more simple before I started making more elaborate charms.
Once I had formed the complete shape of the onigiri, I used a toothpick to lightly poke holes so that it resembled the texture of the rice. If I was going to paint a face then I wouldn't have bothered with this.

Pictures will be coming in the following weeks of some more charms!
From sushi to Mameshiba to a baby chick!

Also, on a totally unrelated note, more of my fanart for Dr Carm is now avaliable here!


No comments:

Post a Comment